Saturday, October 15, 2011

30, Flirty and Thriving!


That's right folks, you read right, this mama just turned 20-10! And I did so in style ;) Lem and I planned a fabulously pink "Sweet 30" dessert/cocktail party at the house. The girls spent the night with Nanny and Papa; we transformed the downstairs into a very fancy, elegant, space for our soiree. We ordered tablecloths and table runners, even chair covers and ties to match the table runners. I was able to borrow some pink decor left over from a friend's pink wedding and mixed that in with pink candles and other table decorations here and there. We got all new (matching) platters for the all-dessert spread. It was a super fun evening and I was so blessed to be surrounded with friends and family, helping me celebrate this milestone. And I was super excited for the 6 Nordstrom's gift cars I received!



On my actual birthday, a few days later, my day was quite full of celebrating, too. My morning started with a present from my hubby. When I took Sycely to school the ladies in the office had made me a happy birthday sign to go with the frappuccino Lem had waiting for me. (Ella and I visit the frog and ladies in the office every morning so he knew I'd be stopping in there.)


Ella and I spent the morning at the mall with my BFF, Julie and her son Summit who is the same age as Ella (Scarlett's little brother.) We strolled a bit and had lunch then Ella and I headed home for naptime. Lem and Sycely got home after school and we got ready to meet the fam for birthday dinner at my favorite Mexican place, Gallo's. We enjoyed a yummy family dinner and I opened a few presents from Ian and Kathryn and Nanny and Papa. I even got to enjoy a tasty treat-a strawberry daiquiri-hooray for not being allergic to strawberries anymore!
After dinner we headed home and I opened present from Lem and the girls. It didn't take me more than about 30 seconds to snuggle into my new Mariner's hoodie. A perfect end to a perfect day, a perfect birthday and a perfect decade! So far, my 30s are pretty awesome :)

No comments: